1st e-reflection of PETA:

An Introduction About Effective Teacher

September 20th, I got new lesson about effective teaching in ‘Principle of Teaching and Assessment’ (PETA) subject. From that 1st meeting, although just brief introduction about the course, I think it would be nice a long this semester. I just imagine that I will get a lot of knowledge how to be a real effective teacher in this subject. I think it is very important for me as a teacher candidate to take my students to their success later.
http://www.google.co.id/imgres?q=Effective+teacher&um=1&hl=id&client=firefox-a&sa=N&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1024&bih=536&tbm=isch&tbnid=fmSOMb5jc_08yM:&imgrefurl=http://happyclubhouse2007.blogspot.com/2011/07/top-10-ways-to-be-effective-teacher.html&docid=X6WOwt67YltshM&w=595&h=355&ei=E_yHTqjhFMqGrAeDlM3vDA&zoom=1
According to me, effective teacher is a teacher who teaches his/ her students based on such plan. It is just like what Mrs. D –my Bahasa teacher in junior high school- did. I love the way she taught us. Through the plan (s), she conducted the learning process surely because she had already known what the objectives of the lesson were that day. My friends and I enjoyed the learning so much. As the result, we could receive the materials easily because the learning flew naturally. Based on that reasons, I like her teaching style so much.
On the contrary, an ineffective teacher is the teacher who does not do what the effective teacher does. I also have experience with this type of teachers, Just call them Mr. / Mrs. X. A long three years in that school, my friends and I got some inappropriate treatment. I mean, in every subject that they teach we often got nothing. We just come the class, and talked about useless thing –such as: we talked awkward rules (I am sorry, I cannot describe it)-. The teachers did not arrange the plan well. So, among the things that should we got along three years we could not get it. I think, it is very bad for the students, because unreasonable if the students become the victim of the ineffective learning process. I really hate the teachers’ style of teaching.
I have a dream to be an English teacher since I were the students of senior high school. It was because my English teacher inspires me. His name is Mr. Didit. He often used jokes when he taught us. The way he taught was easy to be understood for me. Something that I really made me excited was he knew everything about English, he also explained some little considerations English usage that made our knowledge grew optimally. Again, He is the one who inspires me any way, do not you agree with me?
Now, I want to be an effective teacher. One of my preparation to be kind of that teacher is I join in PETA subject. Actually, I have taught for 1 month since I have private lesson students. So, I think it will be more meaningful if I practice this creativity directly toward my recent students. Maybe, it will not be perfect at the same time because I do believe if it is need a process. A little thing that I’ve practiced is make lesson plan before I teach my students.  Hopefully, my skills in teaching will grow up in this semester because I have many accesses to reach that.

Written by: M. Mufarrikhin
2010120039

SHARE ON:

Hello guys, I'm Tien Tran, a freelance web designer and Wordpress nerd. Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae.

3 comments:

  1. would you mind to explain about the real meaning of "effective"???
    :)
    thank you

    BalasHapus
  2. great idea, after you learn about something then you practice it immediately.. but remember, after that you also should analyze what you have done, improve it, make it better, and share it to others. that's the complete learning process i think.

    BalasHapus
  3. effective teacher: before we enter the class, we prepare a plan as our guide (complete with the objectives). When we teach in the class, we use the plan as guide. When we exit the class, we find the objectives in students' mind.

    BalasHapus